There are over 500 million users on Facebook and the amount keeps growing as each day passes. It’s no longer viewed as a place to just find out what your friends and “friends of friends” are doing, and it hasn’t been this way for sometime.
Many Facebook users log-on to this popular social site, to network, market their business, and to help drive traffic to their website. Social media has truly emphasized the importance of “Word of Mouth” marketing for any content needing to be discovered. As shown in a study done by the social sharing site, Gigya, Twitter drives 29% social sharing, while Facebook drives 44%. Other sites, like Yahoo and MySpace, only drive 18% and 9% social sharing. The study shows Facebook coming out on-top and it’s not all that surprising after looking at some of their statistics (shown below).
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
In knowing these numbers and in being an actual Facebook user, it is not always easy managing the content, activities, groups, pages, etc. on Facebook. Here are 5 tools that can help make managing Facebook a bit easier.
5 Tools For Facebook:
1. Sendible allows you to schedule messages ahead of time to send to your colleagues, friends, or customers. If you have multiple Facebook Pages, Groups, etc. you can post updates to each of them directly from Sendible. It also helps with monitoring your brand and with tracking results using metrics for each post you send to Facebook.
2. Kinoma Play helps in managing your Facebook while on-the-go. Many people connect to Facebook from their mobile phones and this “Social Media Browser” makes it even easier to do. Share photos and update your statues quickly and easily from your mobile, using this browser.
3. FriendBinder brings all your friends, colleagues, and customers together, from all of your social sites. Keep track of the people you have connected with on various social networks, like Facebook, all in one place. You can also update your status, post content and send replies.
4. Mediafeedia is a business tool specifically for Facebook. Schedule posts that include links and pictures, receive email notifications from your business page(s), manage multiple Facebook accounts, and so much more.
Although Facebook is a great way to connect with people, it isn’t always easy to manage. The most important part of your daily Facebook activities, is in making sure an on-going engagement with those you have connected with, occur. Hope these tools are found useful in keeping the engagement going and the Facebook connections growing, in a more manageable way.
What tool(s) do you use to help in managing Facebook?
Read more Social Media News on Sharocity’s blog